Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Upcoming Events....

Poor baby...I don't know why he's being so fussy. I think that is the hardest thing so far about being a Mom..not knowing what he wants. It's really just a matter of going down the list of possible things that could be upsetting him and hoping you get it right. He is still eating like a horse so I don't think he's sick. Its just frustrating when you want to fix the problem, but you don't know what the problem is! (And this is just a random picture of Mac in his little Teddy Bear robe after his bath)

Tomorrow we are going to go over to see my grandparents for a little while. They have been out of town for the past 2 weeks or so and they didn't see Mac for a little while before they left so I think they will be shocked when they see how big he is getting! Plus, the best part of the visit is that Grandmama will make me her chicken salad! I cannot get enough of the stuff! I know that sounds like a very simple thing to make, but nobody makes it like her for some reason! Same thing with my other grandmother...she used to make this "Mexican Chicken" stuff...it's still good when I make it, but it just will never be like hers!

I am also very excited about Thursday morning. Mac and I are going to go to a Mommy and Me yoga class (if he seems to be a little less fussy by then). I am very interested to see how it goes. I don't expect to really get a workout from it (I mean how much of a workout can you get with a 7 week old in your lap?), but it is supposed to be a great bonding experience and just fun to get out for a little bit!

Sunday will also be a big day for Mac...it will be his first time to go to church! I had not planned to take him until he got his shots (in 2 weeks), but we are actually going to go to his baptism class and it is only offered once a month. When I registered for it we were the only people attending so even if people have signed up it should be a small number. I am hoping that we can schedule his baptism while we are there...I really want to do it on Mother's day. I am sure that they have a few things going on that day so I"m not sure if they will let us, but I was told that they will usually do it on any Sunday. How special to have him baptised/dedicated on my first mother's day! I am hoping to run into a few familiar faces in the hallway while we are there too. There are 2 people that I work with that attend our church (St. Lukes United Methodist) and few others that Eric and I are friends with. Fortunately the class is during the 11am service so we don't have to try to get there by 8 am or anything like that. We also just found out that the church is opening a "crying room" this Sunday for the mothers. I'm not sure if I am comfortable dropping Mac off in the nursery once we start going back (he has to have his shots before they will even allow him to go). Lots of friends/family have been so helpful and watched him since he was born, but I know them. Dropping him off with a complete stranger makes me a little nervous...I know, I'm probably just being a new mom, but I don't know if I'm ready for that or not. I think I may just let him come into the service and take him to the crying room if he starts to get fussy.
Eric is very excited because Mac can finally fit into his Aggie onesie...and it actually seems to be a little snug! He is really growing. Eric keeps asking me if we are feeding him too much, but his Dr. said to keep doing what we are doing. And here is another cute picture of Mac and his proud daddy...and Heisman looking depressed as ever. Poor guy. Eric is so cute when he comes home at night...he is so excited to see Mac. He gets his bottles ready for the next day, reads him books, and just plays with him. Oh, before I forget...Mac has started mimicking certain facial expressions. I have been reading up on it and apparently at this point they really can copy the faces you make! If I stick my tongue out he will copy me...and he has even given me a few little smiles...I know, I know...it's probably gas, but it made my day!


And thanks for all the sweet emails about my blah day...made me feel much better!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Annabeth got her little shots yesterday. Not fun! We are taking her to church for the first time tonight. I'm so glad to be going back! I hope Mac does great this Sunday!

Jennifer said...

OK, I have never commented but I DO keep up with the blog...I just had to say that, even though I am one proud Baylor Bear, that picture in the Aggie onesie will soon be my desktop background. So very cute. =) I hope he gets less fussy and enjoys grandma's house!
Love,
Jen