Monday, March 9, 2009

It's AMAZING!!!

I have recently learned there are so many amazing things in life....the fact that an actual person grew and developed inside of me, the fact that that person is actually here now, and even the amazing love that I have for him...but let me tell you something brand new that I found to be amazing....my child somehow knows that today is my first day alone with him and he is trying to make it as "interesting" as possible for me. We started the day as we usually do with a bottle and then bathtime....we have really been enjoying our baths lately and today was no exception. Unfortunately as we neared the end of our bath, Mac got a little "gassy"...I thought I had time to wrap him up in his towel, get him to the changing table, and slap a diaper on that cute little booty...I was wrong, very very wrong. Lets just say that he made a HUGE mess in the towel which managed to drip out onto me and all over him....then comes the question...do I clean this off of myself or do I clean the child? Of course I cleaned him so I literally smell like you know what right now. It's fabulous. You are probably asking yourself, "why are you writing on a blog if you smell like poop."...well let me tell you. Mac has decided that he now wants to be entertained or he will scream at me until he turns bright red. Now please keep in mind that Mac has been such a mild mannered, sweet baby up until today when daddy walked out the door for work. I think he is trying to see what he can get away with when daddy's not home. And as trying as he is right now...I can't help but smile at those big blue eyes!
Now here is something else that I find amazing (this one is actually cute though)...Mac has already figured out that when a bib/burp cloth goes around his neck it is time to eat...he immediately opens his little mouth just searching for that bottle. Isn't he just so advanced =). I can't believe he will be 1 month old on Thursday!
Okay, the beast has returned so I must tend to him before he really gets mad =)...more to come!

1 comment:

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Ha! That is hilarious! I can only imagine my future...