Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday!!!!

Exactly one month ago today my sweet little boy was an hour and a half old! I cannot believe it has been a month already! I am just amazed at how much he has grown and change din that time. I am sitting here with him in my lap right now just thinking about how excited Eric and I were when we found out we were going to be parents...how surprised we were to find out it was a boy (we were convinced we were having a girl!), and how truly blessed we felt when we saw our healthy little boy for the first time. I cannot even begin to imagine my life without Mac...people have told me that you can't explain how it feels to be a mother and it is so true! I love him so much it hurts! Now I'm sure as we enter into the teen years the "hurt" of love may feel a little different (lets be honest...teenage boys are just strange strange little creatures)...I just pray that he knows that I will ALWAYS love him. You can see by this picture that Mac is definitely growing...he has NO PROBLEM eating!

And let me just say, my love for my husband has changed in the past month as well. As much as I loved him before, I love him more now! To see him with Mac just makes me melt...he is going to probably kill me for posting this, but last night when he got home he said "you know what I like about coming home....it's like I know I have a little present waiting for me every night when I get to hold him." Awwwwwww! Tell me that doesn't just make you smile! He loves his son so much and I cannot imagine a better father for a little boy. So Eric, I am sure I have frustrated you to no end in the past month (well, probably since I got pregnant!), but I want you to know that I really do appreciate everything that you do. I know I do not say it enough and I'm sorry for that...you are such a great provider and we both love you!


Last night our friends Jarrett (aka Big Truck) and Courtney came over to watch A&M completely embarrass themselves against Texas Tech...Courtney is so great with Mac. Anytime they come over she always takes care of him. They even watched him for us the other night so we could go out to dinner like big people do. So thanks to you two for the little break!

In other news....I called yesterday to report his birth to the church and find out about getting him baptised...we MAY (we really have no idea) have him baptised on Easter Sunday...or maybe Mother's Day...who knows. I would love to do it on mother's day (what a perfect gift for me!), but as most of you know...Alana is not good at waiting for things so if they say Easter is okay we will probably do it then.

Now all you Mom's out there...do you have any tips for getting rid of hiccups! Poor guy keeps getting them after he eats (and we even got those expensive Dr. Brown's bottles). Any ideas?

No comments: