Monday, March 23, 2009

The Boys and Their Bath...

Well, I decided that it would be fun to get in the bathtub with Mac (mine not his ..ha ha). He has really started to be more active in the past week...especially when he's in the water so I thought it might be fun. The boy loves the water. If he's upset it immediately calms him down. And check out that belly! And don't worry, it's baby wash that's in the tub....I'm not soaking my kid in Victoria's Secret bubble bath or anything. Eric came and got Mac out of the tub and the next thing I know, our non human child decided he needed some Mommy time too...Heisman just hopped right on into the bath tub! I feel bad for the guy and all, but bathing with my dog is really not on my top list of things to do....

Anyway, Eric's sister and his brother's girlfriend Kirstie are coming into town this weekend. Robin met Mac when he was born, but this will be Kirstie's first time. I'm really excited for them to see him. He is a little more "fun" now than before when he was first born...you can acutally catch him with his eyes open now! He "talks" to himself quite a bit now too...it's really cute to hear him during the day, but it keeps me up at night. I am probably one of the heaviest sleepers you will ever meet, but the mere sound of him exhaling seems to be enough to wake me up. Even if we get 4 hours of sleep out of him I usually wake up at least 5 times because of a noise he has made.

I want to go to Janie and Jack sometime in the next week or so to find little man an Easter outfit....I just have no idea what size to buy him. He is probably right at 9lbs, but he is kind of short I think, so some pant outfits are just way to long. Do they let babies try on clothes at the store? Don't think I've ever seen that....

And here's a cute picture of Mac...this is what Mom does when she can't sleep and gets bored...look at him rock'n the faux hawk!

2 comments:

Byron and Kelly said...

I love the belly!!!!

Amanda said...

That's hilarious about the bath.