Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Time Flies

Mac will be 3 weeks old tomorrow! It amazes me to see how much he changes everyday...he is just too cute for words! I took a little nap today and had a horrible dream...I dreamed that I had Mac and another baby just 3 weeks apart! I love my son to pieces but two of him would be tough...and this other baby was a monster! Of course Mac was perfect =). I woke up in a cold sweat. Let me just say for any of you out there with twins...God bless you...I don't know that I could do it!
He has gotten to where he really likes just being in his diaper. My theory is...he likes it, he doesn't mess up anymore clothes, and therefore I don't have to do anymore laundry...win win, right? So we took some pictures today. You can really see those pretty blue eyes! He is starting to really stare at things now. He will just sit and look at you (obviously you have to be pretty close to his face, but still). And that beautiful dark hair...well, it's slowly thinning out, but I can see some little blonde ones sprouting! I hope he's a blonde just like daddy and mommy (I didn't say mine was natural)...

One thing that has really surprised me about having a baby is how difficult breastfeeding can be. It would be so easy to just throw in the towel...no more pumping every 3 hours, no more soreness...it goes on, but I just think it's so important for him I can't bring myself to stop. I really want to get him through 6 months. So many people have really helped to encourage me to keep going. I'm not giving up yet, but pray for me!!!
Here are a few random pictures:

Here is a picture of Pop and Noni...This is the happiest I think I have ever seen my dad. It is the cutest picture:


And here is a shot of me, Nana, and BB:

And of course here is one of my Aunt Barbara (aka "Lala"):
Okay, gotta go eat and feed Mac, but I'll update more later!


No comments: