Monday, March 16, 2009

New Stats on Mac...

Mac got to make a trip to the Dr. today because he has been really congested this past week. I was afraid that I was suffering from "deferred hypochondria" (a term that I created to explain a new mother's constant certainty that her child has contracted every disease known to man). The Dr. said he is actually quite stuffy right now, but fortunately it is all up in his sinuses and not in his lungs. We have to let him sleep sitting up (i.e. in his car seat, bouncer, etc) for the next week or so. This also explains why my child snores like a chain saw. Hopefully this will run its course and everything will be alright. I have to say that I feel a little guilty/bad...poor guy has been crying quite a bit lately when we try to lay him down to sleep...and it turns out it was because he couldn't breathe. He is in his car seat right now sleeping. It's probably the best I've seen him sleep in the past week.

They weren't even going to weigh him when we went in today, but I asked if I could use the scale just to see if he had gotten any bigger. Now, the last time we went in to the Dr. he was 3 weeks old and weighed 6 lbs. 3 oz....today he was 8 lbs. 6 oz! Baby boy likes to eat! He is actually eating the amount of a 2 month old, but the Dr. said since he started off small he's just playing a little catch up right now so it's fine. She also thinks that he may be in the middle of a growth spurt so he probably won't be gaining quite as much the next time we go in (April 16th). I guess when you see him every day it's hard to tell how much he is gaining. What's funny is that he is about the weight they told me he would be at birth. He is growing up so fast. We have already grown out of most of the newborn onesies, but the 0-3's are still a tad too big. But hey, at the rate he's going he'll be filling them out in no time!

No comments: