Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Silence Is Golden...

Truer words have never been spoken! While the first time your baby cries is music to your ears, hearing it at 3am may not sound so sweet. Mac is asleep right now, Heisman is outside "pouting" on the deck and I'm just sitting...no t.v., no music...just sitting in silence. It is really nice. Eric will probably be shocked to read this because I usually have 2 t.v.'s going and maybe even my itunes on on the computer when I'm at home. I like noise...and I like it loud. Eric often questions my auditory abilities because I crank everything up just about as loud as I can. But today I just decided to sit here and relax without any interruption (that is until Mac decides to eat again). I am even foregoing my daily dose of The Golden Girls (yes, I watch it and I'm not ashamed!). I feel like the past few weeks have just been a whirlwind. Having a newborn doesn't really allow for "normalcy" and schedules. Planning with a newborn really isn't possible, because if he decides he's hungry or angry or wet there really isn't much I can do about it. It seems that if Mac is sleeping, Heisman is barking, or I'm doing laundry, etc. so to just sit here and write is nice (the last few times I've blogged I've been feeding Mac). Anyway, take a second to just sit in the peace and quiet if you get a chance...it is actually quite relaxing!

No comments: