Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our Little Ag

Eric and I took Mac to his first Aggie event last night. We went to the A&M vs. Rice game. I decided to try out the Baby Bjorn and it actually worked very well. I didn't think it would be very comfortable, but it is so nice to be hands free but still carry him around. He did pretty well, but by the 6th inning he had had enough. He was mad! He screamed all the way to the car and then for about 2 minutes on the ride home...then off to sleep again. Overall he did pretty good though.
I also feel the need to talk a little bit about our first child (the nonhuman one), Heisman. Poor guy, I mean he still sleeps in between us in the bed, but for obvious reasons he has not been getting the attention is used to. Yesterday I went and sat outside to get a little bit of sun and Heisman was begging for some love. At one point I was laying on the deck and he decided he would lay on top of me (front paws on my shoulders and back paws stretched out on my legs. At that point I realized he needed a buddy =). I let him go "swim" (it's a baby pool that he likes to splash around in), we played fetch (which is really Heisman getting a toy and trying to bait me to chase him around the yard), and then he actually fell asleep sitting on my lap...I'm thinking that's a pretty good day for a dog. I cannot wait until Mac is old enough to play with him. He is actually really good with kids. He will jump up and down when an adult comes him the room, but for some reason he doesn't ever jump on kids. I have a feeling when Mac can actually play with him they will be best buds. He really is the perfect dog for a little boy...he NEVER runs out of energy and he loves to be chased. I think that he likes Mac...he seems to be kind of protective of him. Maybe he just pretends to like him/sit by him so that we'll show him some love....who knows?!? The only thing about Heisman is that it seems that he feels a sense of entitlement...for example, yesterday I walked outside to find my dog sitting on top of the table enjoying the sun. He has an entire backyard and a deck, but he chooses the table . And when I told him to get off he looked at me like I had lost my mind. Oh well, I love him...but I guess if you come over to our house just don't eat off of the patio table =)...Here are some pictures from yesterday:

Cooling off in the pool

Apparently he thinks my legs are his to stand on too:
Giving me "the look" when I told him to get off the table:
See...he does love his Mac!

No comments: