Monday, April 6, 2009

A Fact of Life..

Here is a tested/proven scientific fact of life: If you leave your house without a shower, no make up on, and your hair looking like a rat has slept in it...you WILL run into someone that you know! I guarantee it! I was just going to run up to the grocery store for a few essentials and of course I was looking like a hot mess. I am standing in the middle of the fruits/veggies and I see this guy that I work with. My initial thought was "just turn around and pretend that you didn't see him." Then I remembered that the guy is 6'7 and he's pretty hard to miss. So I smiled and said hi and he told me that his wife just had their baby, a boy, on Friday. He had just gotten her home from the hospital and was picking up a few things. He told me that she had a C-section (this is her second one) and it took 40 minutes just to get the kid out! She has had other abdominal surgeries and so there was apparently a lot of scar tissue...but still! From start to finish the whole thing took almost 2 hours...wow. Makes me very thankful for my 25 minutes! So we chatted for a little while and he told me he was picking up some cabbage to help his wife's milk dry up. He holds up a big head of purple cabbage and then it got awkward. For some reason I decided to hold up my cabbage and tell him I chose the green one so that it wouldn't stain my clothes! Why I was discussing my breasts/drying up with this man in the grocery store I did not know. But he actually opted for the green after I told him that =).
Anyway, ladies...please remember this important "Fact of Life"...although I'm sure you have all figured this one out by now.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

that is so true and so funny! my greatest fear was running into an old boyfriend or something while 9 mos pregnant. luckily it didn't happen. although one night a couple who are both friends from high school came over to bring us dinner. the girl had a box of nursing pads that she never opened to give me. it was a little awkward receiving those in front of her husband! oh well. there's just no dignity for a woman.