Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Love Easter!

This is probably going to be a long post...so here we go:
I seriously love Easter....it is my favorite holiday...always has been. I don't really know why though. I just love spring time. I mean in Houston it's basically the start of summer so I can get out in the sun, I love the beautiful colors of spring; it's just always been once of my favorites! And this Easter did not disappoint. It was Mac's first real holiday and he was look'n pretty snazzy if I do say so myself.
When you carry a little baby around you hear a lot of "oh, how cute" and "awww, look at the little baby!" It makes you smile. And old women LOVE babies. I had more little old ladies come up and talk to me today...it was really sweet. We got to church a little early so that my friend from work could meet him and then we went and sat in the very last few against the wall in case we needed to make a quick escape. Mac made it through about 90% of the service without a peep and then he started to get a little fussy so I decided to make preemptive strike and head out. Fortunately there are tvs right outside the sanctuary so I could listen to Dr. Pace finish up. I will say, it is kind of difficult to really listen to the sermon when you are taking care of a little baby. The whole time I was trying to anticipate if he was going to need anything/what I needed to do to keep him quiet.

Now, this has been a long weekend for me, but in a very good way. Friday was my 28th birthday and it was wonderful. Eric even went shopping with me in Rice Village for something to wear to my birthday dinner (if you know Eric, you know that he must really love me to go watch me try on a million things that I have no intuition of ever buying just because I enjoy it). We met up with our friend Calvin for lunch and then headed back home. My sister and fiance came over and she got me a pink Ralph Lauren polo (I love RL). And of course BB had to get Mac a present....the cutest little polo and a pair of plaid shorts. My Mom came over too. She got me a really cute picture frame that goes perfectly in our guest bedroom, and some "Happy Easter" balloons...but I had to share those with Mac =). She kindly volunteered to watch Mac for the night so that we could go out to Lucio's with some friends for dinner...if you haven't ever been there I strongly recommend it. We had such a great time. I really have the greatest friends anyone could ask for. We had such a great time just getting to catch up and hang out..I love you guys!

Saturday was my birthday lunch at my grandparents house. We all met up and had a great lunch...and of course Mac was the hit of the party. He was looking so cute in his little preppy/spring outfit (the shorts are the one's that BB got him). My Dad is so funny...we had not even gotten out of the car before I saw him heading for us to get Mac...he is so proud of that little boy.















After that we went over to the Ofili's house (parents of one of Eric's college roommates that we love dearly) so that they could meet Mac. They were so excited to see him...it was so cute. As soon as I rang the door bell they were all fighting over who got to hold him...that is one loved little boy! And since we were in the neighborhood we stopped at one of my friends houses from work. It was a long day for all of us and we all just wanted a nice long nap!

And of course Sunday, today, is Easter. The Easter Bunny came to see us all while we were sleeping...and Mac got some great stuff! I can't wait until he can pull that little golf set around with his daddy. Mac was so excited he could hardly contain himself =)Even Heisman got some good stuff...the Easter Bunny couldn't bear to leave him out!

Now back to the title of this post...I truly love Easter, but now for a whole new reason. I finally got it. I finally understand what Easter is. I mean I know that we are celebrating the Resurrection and having grown up in church that might sound a little silly to say that at 28 I finally know what Easter means, but it's true. About a week ago I was sitting at home holding Mac and thinking about how much I loved him. For some reason I just sat there and thought....wow, God sent his one and only son as a living sacrifice. He sent an innocent baby to one day die for all of us. The thought of Mac even being hurt or sick is enough to bring tears to my eyes. I feel like I have finally begin to understand God's unconditional love for us. It is so amazing.

All that being said, we had a great long weekend...unfortunately tomorrow will not be a happy day for Mac. We go for his 2 month shots tomorrow. I have a strong feeling that Eric and I will not be getting much sleep tomorrow night. If any one has any tips on what to expect after the first round of shots...maybe it will keep me from freaking out if he's acting weird or something...

Here are a few pictures from the past few days:




And here is a video of Mac talking to me on his first Easter morning....=)



And one last one I have been meaning to post (took it sometime last week I think) of Mac looking in the mirror:


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend. Mac was so cute in his little preppy outfit. I pray his shots go well today. It's not fun, but worth it!