Monday, April 27, 2009

Ahhhhh.....

You know when you are just exhausted after a long day, plop down on the couch, and just say “Ahhhh.” That’s how I feel after last week! It was a GREAT week, but just so busy!!! We went out to Katy on Monday to visit my Mom and my friend Jenn, Tuesday I had a Dr. appt (so not that busy of a day really), Wednesday we met up with my Dad and Cindy at First Baptist and then swung by just to check on my Granddad since my Grandmother was out of town for the day, Thursday we went back to my Grandparents house for our weekly lunch, Friday I drove to my Dad’s house to drop Mac off so that I could get some appointments out of the way without lugging Mac around, Saturday we went back to my friends house in Katy so that Eric could play golf with Bryan and I could hang out with Jenn/Jackson and then have a very comical dinner (I’ll explain in a minute), and then on Sunday I went back to Katy to see my sister get a few photos snapped (it started raining a little bit) for her engagements pics! Whew…I’m exhausted just typing it! Everything we did was fun and wonderful, but it was just A LOT of stuff! This week we are just going to relax a little bit.

Now, back to the comical dinner I mentioned. Eric went and played golf with our friend Bryan while I hung out at the house with Jenn and Jackson. Before I continue please note that I am about to discuss my son’s bowel habits so continue at your own risk =). Poor guy had not been able to “go” in 2 days! Well, he started making some noises for me and then I smelt it. You would be surprised how excited you can get over poop! I put him on his little changing mat, opened the diaper, but there was nothing there…well, all of the sudden he started pooping. I slapped the diaper back on a waited what I thought was an appropriate amount of time and began to change him again. I got the diaper off, was wiping him down and he started peeing in his face…I throw the diaper over the top of him and about that time he started pooping all over the mat! I only have two hands! I could handle the dual poop/pee, but not at the risk of it getting on someone’s carpet! And keep in mind this was 2 days worth of stuff! Fortunately I had a seasoned Mom there to help out. We had to bathe him off, wash his clothes and his mat, change his clothes, etc. Baby boy made a mess! So you would think the fiasco ends there…oh no. Mac somehow managed to pee on himself again in the next changing and then got choked on his bottled/spit up the entire thing on me, him, and his blanket. The child had no more clothes left! So thanks to Jenn for pulling out an old onesie for him to wear.

Now onto dinner. As the 6 adults and 3 children (2 ½ months, 10 months, and 2 ½ years) are eating I just started laughing. I have never seen people shove food into their mouths so fast! I was told, this is dinner from now on…eat as fast as you can before the kids cry, scream, or throw up! My, the difference 2 ½ months makes! And I loved every minute of it! But I finally understand why people always say “you just don’t understand until you have a kid….” It is so true!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the week…enjoy!

This might be my favorite picture of him so far:
Like Father, Like Son:
Taking a nap with Grandaddy:
So precious...this is his favorite place to sleep =)
Now that's a happy baby! A very tired Daddy: Napping with Mommy:

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Alana, he is so cute! That is one insane diaper episode. I'm not sure if I would have laughed or cried.