Friday, February 6, 2009

BB Update....

Well, I am going to have a baby next week! Actually, in 6 days! On Feb. 12th (unless he decides to come sooner) we will welcome our son...I am so excited. Unfortunately I will be having a C-Section, but if that is what is best for him then that's what I have to do. If he ends up coming before then I will be able to get out of the c-section, but the Dr. said he doubts that will happen. We go back to the Dr. on Monday and if I am dilated/progressing he will try to induce me, but he said it just doesn't look like things are going to get going by then...Eric is super excited that he will be born on the 12th....as most of you know, Eric is quite the Aggie and he is now convinced that this child will one day play football for Texas A&M (if they keep playing like they did this season I could probably play too =) ). We finished hanging up pictures in his room last night (pictures to come) and put the letters for his name up on the wall so we are ready to go!
I really thought he was going to join us early this morning because I started having REALLY strong contractions around 1 am. They lasted until about 3:30 am, but never got to where they were 5 minutes a part. They eventually just stopped but at that point I was wide awake. I am embarrassed to admit this, but around 2am I got up and took a shower and shaved my legs...they obviously would not have allowed a woman in labor to enter the hospital with prickly legs and dirty hair!....hey, just because I'm in pain does mean I have to look bad! When I looked at the clock at 7 am and realized that I still had not gone to sleep I was not a happy camper. As tired as I am I just can't sleep! I'm going to try to avoid any naps today....maybe that will be better tonight.

1 comment:

Delia said...

Jason told me the update yesterday. Good luck!!