Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ambien Is My New Friend

I really have not taken ANY medication during this pregnancy unless it was absolutely necessary. Even if it's supposed to be "safe" I just didn't think it was worth the risk. Well, no sleep was worth the risk....I had to call my Dr. to get some Ambien....I could not even function anymore. And let me just say...Praise the Lord for modern medicine! I feel like a whole new person still a very large uncomfortable pregnant person, but much better all the same. Eric said I was quite the entertainer though...apparently I talked in my sleep all night and kept trying to get up so I obviously should not take it unattended. I'm not taking anymore unless I go a few days without sleep, but I just needed to recharge. And I obviously cannot take it once BB gets here...he might appreciate it if I would actually be semi conscious when I'm trying to feed and change him =).


So, the other night when I got NO sleep I was really bored so I decided to video tape the sweet sweet sounds that I listen to each and every night. This is the beautiful melodic symphony that my Heisman puts on for Eric and I each night (and this is nothing by the way.....he was actually very quiet that night):

I have also taken pictures of BB's room...and now that I guess I am posting these I can reveal the little guy's name....Eric McGregor Bethea, II and he will go by Mac! Yeah! I'm so excited to get to say that. I'll probably keep referring to him as BB for a while out of habit. I need to verify with my sister, but since she came up with BB for his nickname I think that's what she should be called! Besides, he'll be able to say BB well before Aunt Melanie! Here are a few shots from his room:

He even has his own framed A&M Jersey just like his daddy's: I really fought Eric on putting a bunch of Aggie stuff in the room, but I have to say..I really do like how it turned out. This is the Benjamin Knox "A is For Aggie" print

We are missing the lamp shade for the football lamp (coming soon) and there will be a vintage football picture from the Saturday evening post that is being framed. It will go right above the dresser. Here is the picture: http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/PD--13864388/SP--A/IGID--2786704/
One of my favorite things in this room! This is Eric's little rocking chair from when he was a baby...I love it!
Well, I guess we are as ready as we are going to be for Mac to come! We are both so excited!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love the name and the nursery! We can't wait to see pictures of little Mac when he arrives :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Absolutely love your site. Would love for you to register and be a part our community.
Cagora
- Where Passions become Profitable

P.S. I back linked you