Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ouch....

Well, it is 3:30 am and guess who is up?....Mac does not want to sleep tonight. And to make things better...I have mastitis. Can you say OUCH! I thought I was getting the flu or something this morning I felt so bad, but I quickly realized what was going on. I called my Dr. this evening and they called in some antibiotics for me. Supposedly they start working/make the symptoms better within 24 hours so hopefully this time tomorrow I will feel better. I had heard that it was painful, but wow! And it's not just breast pain...you feel achy, feverish, etc on top of the pain. The nurse said the best thing I can do is to keep breast feeding to get rid of it. This afternoon I really thought I might be done with breastfeeding it was so bad, but I'm glad that this will end soon. I am actually kind of enjoying it. Don't get me wrong, there are times that formula would be so much easier, but it's nice to have the time with Mac. Plus, since I'm pumping too I can always just give him a bottle if I'm not feeling up to the task. And of course there's that whole burning calories while I just sit there thing =).
We are doing Mac's newborn pictures tomorrow so I should probably try to go to sleep so that I don't look like I complete mess in the morning! Lets pray Mac is finally sleepy!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry! I haven't ever had this, but I've heard it's just awful. Bless your heart! I will pray for you today.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

Oh man, I had mastitis, and it was the WORST. Like you say, it's like having the flu, only you don't get any rest because you have to feed the baby every 2 hours. Oh man, it is so hard. Hope you are better now!