Monday, February 23, 2009

It Fell Off!

Appropriately enough Mac lost his umbilical cord on his due date! It was strange because it was 3 am and I changed him and it was still on there. He seemed hot so I just put a new diaper on and put a blanket around him to feed him. When I went to put a shirt on him...there was no cord! I looked and looked but couldn't find it. I finally shook out his blanket and found it.
And I don't feel crazy saying this because I've heard it from other people, but it kind of made me sad =(...that's what connected us!...I know I know...time to "cut the cord" right? My little man is growing up (yeah, all 11 days of him!).

So like I said, today is actually his due date. I wonder how things would have been different if he would have been born today....or would it be exactly the same? He had a rough night last night so I let him sleep on my chest on the couch for a few hours. It's not a habit I want to get into, but I figure it's better than letting him sleep in the bed and having to kick him out eventually...I mean, I don't think I really have to worry that my 10 year old son will expect to sleep on my chest at night =)....Here is a shot of our first baby and of course Mac chill'n on the couch yesterday. Don't worry..mama was ready to strike just in case Heisman tried anything funny =)
I think once Mac is old enough to play with him, Heisman will be so happy...for now I think he just misses the attention...poor thing.
Okay, this may be gross, but last night I was changing for bed and I saw a "string" kind of hanging on the side of my upper right leg....I grabbed at it and realized it was attached to me and it was coming out of where my incision is!!!!! Ewwwwww!!! I don't know if it's supposed to be there or not, but I'm freaked out that my doctor has plans to yank is out or something (shutter). It's definitely suture material so hopefully it's supposed to be there!
Well, I have to go and get dressed and give Mac a bath so that we are presentable for our doctor's appointment today....updates to come!

No comments: