Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!


Well, today has been the greatest Valentine's Day! I have my little Mac so I couldn't be happier. Plus, a lot of the soreness has gone away from the c-section. Yesterday I was resigned to the fact that Mac might be an only child because I was hurting pretty bad, but today has been completely different. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't go out and run a marathon, but I've done pretty well. I've been up and around most of the day with very minimal pain. They took out my IV/PCA pump today so no more morphine for me and I haven't taken any pain meds since around 11am so I'm going good. The incision is pretty sore, but as long as I leave it alone I'm fine . Day 3 is MUCH better than day 2! Mac is doing great. He's been pretty easy going...he doesn't cry much and he's caught onto breast feeding so I'm a happy camper =). He does not like being naked (i.e. having his clothes/diaper changed), but other than that he's a perfect little angel. I'm pretty tired, but it has really been a great experience so far. I am so excited to get to take him home tomorrow! I have the cutest little outfit pick out for him! I can't wait to get him home and introduce him to Heisman!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Alana, I will continue to pray for you as you adjust to life at home. Please let me know if you need anything, especially related to nursing. It can get tough when your milk comes in, but it gets tons better if you can push through. It's so worth it. Mac is adorable! I'm so happy for you!