Friday, January 9, 2009

"Lightening" the Load?

Okay, so BB has dropped...it's weird. One morning he was high, the next he was low. It was noticeable enough that people even started saying I had dropped. So, apparently, with first pregnancies, once lightening/dropping happens you should typically expect to deliver in 2-4 weeks! Of course, this could mean absolutely nothing and I could end up going to 42 weeks (PLEASE pray that is not the case!!! =) ).

I have carried pretty low the entire pregnancy so I never really had any trouble breathing. A lot of people have said it was so nice when the baby dropped because they could actually breathe and eat again. In my case...I don't know that it was a good thing, at least for me. He is so low now I think his head is hitting my pelvis or something. I have had the WORST back pain! It's one of those pains that just won't go away. Don't get me wrong, it hurts, but the fact that it just lingers all day long is making it even worse....

Even so, if he needs to hang out in there for a while longer I don't care as long as he's healthy. I'm sure I'll moan and groan, but I really do just want a healthy little boy. Every night that is my prayer. I am just so excited to meet him and bring him home!!!!

No comments: