Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Feel'n the Love

It's so nice to know someone who is about as pregnant as you are...I love reading a friend's blog that is about1 week a head of me...it's like we are on the same wave length or something. The best part is that I realize that all the things I am feeling are not me just being weird...it's just being pregnant! And it makes me realize that all mom's (whether it's the first or the fifth) go through the same experiences/have the same concerns.

I am also so thankful for all of my non pregnant friends who are mothers. So many of ya'll have shared birth stories, happy memories, hard times that are to come, and encouraging words! (Not to mention the advice to GET THE EPIDURAL!!) Thank you guys so much! While some of the stories have made me think "my body CANNOT do that!" others have made me so excited and ready for all the wonderful times that are to come...

And last but not least, I love having friends that have just started their pregnancy journey. I love talking to them about the firsts....the first time I got to see that beautiful little blob on the screen, the first time I got to hear his heartbeat, or the first time I felt him move (awww...now I'm tearing up!) And just as important...some of the pitfalls/downsides: watch out for the creepy guy on the elevator who wants to rub your stomach, don't run out and buy all the maternity clothes as soon as you gain 2 lbs because they may not fit you when it's actually time to wear them, and remember that your husband is going to say things to you that sound so absolutely insensitive to a pregnant girl, but he really didn't mean it....

I really can't believe that I'll be 9 months next week! I think this has flown by! I feel so unprepared yet so ready to start this new part of my life....

No comments: