Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What A Day....

I'm really not skipping over the fact that my sister got married this past weekend, but I have to fast forward to Monday....Eric got the not so fantastic news that his boss has resigned effective immediately...unfortunantly that could/probably means he is out of a job (long complicated reasoning). He's not being laid off or fired...there is just a possibility that the company will cease to exist. What is really making me upset is that the parent company has yet to contact Eric/his coworkers to at least acknowledge what is going on. So as of right now, Eric may or may not have a job....may or may not have a severance package, may or may not be looking for a new place to work. It is not a good feeling. I told Eric that there are enough people that love Mac so we won't starve =)...I'm really not that worried...I think I should be, but I'm not. Eric doesn't seem to be worried...frustrated, confused, etc....but not worried. What's really tough right now is that we have no idea what to think...there are just no answers/information...
Needless to say, our Monday afternoon was not all that great. And just to add to it I had to drive to College Station for Heisman to have his little procedure done today...Before I left town I needed to pick up a prescription so I went to the drive through since Heisman was in the car...the woman in front of me really ticked me off. Her prescription was not ready so for 25 MINTUES she sat and waited! WHAT?!?!? COME BACK WHEN YOUR STUFF IS READY! I was blocked in so I just sat , and sat, and sat. I proceeded to call the store manager and say some not so nice things to her (which I feel bad about since she had absolutely nothing to do with it). And the cherry on top was when Mac decided it would be a good time to practice screaming...for over 2 hours. We stopped 4 times on our way to College Station and he proceeded to throw up on himself not once, not twice, but four times while I was on Hwy 6..for those of you that don't know...there is NO WHERE to stop on 6. So by the time I arrived at my cousins house (over 3 hours after I left my house) I had had it! Okay, now deep breath....

Today was better. I did have to take Heisman to the vet for his little surgery (and the poor guy is still loopy), but Mac and I took a little sight seeing trip around the A&M campus so it was fun.

I went to see one of my old professors and talked with him for a while...

Then we headed over to see the Aggie Museum over at Kyle Field...Mac got his picture taken right next to his Daddy's name!
And of course watched some Aggie football while we were there
I was so excited to show him the Century Tree (where Eric proposed), but apparently Mac was not very interested:
Back to Heisman...the poor guy! I feel so bad for him. Here is just pitiful looking right now. He is sitting in my lap just wanting me to hold him. His little paws are bandaged up right now and he has opened his eyes all of 3 times since I got him home. He is getting some extra love right now.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That's rough, Alana. I'm so sorry about your man's job. I will pray for y'all.

Delia said...

I'm impressed you stayed in the car the whole 25 minutes. I would have been beating on that woman's window after about 5!
I'm sure everything will work out with Eric's job.