Monday, October 19, 2009

Hey...I Know You!

It is truly an amazing thing to watch a child grow right before your eyes. To watch a 5lb 12 ounce baby with the ability to eat, sleep and poop turn into a 20 something pound little person all in 8 months is so surreal. I love he can actually recognize people. When we found out we were having a boy one of my major goals was to make sure that this little guy was in love with his daddy....goal accomplished! Don't get me wrong, there are times that he wants just me, but I think Daddy may be in the running for favorite parent. Once I know that Eric is about to get home I like to stand outside with Mac so we can welcome him back! When we first started this Mac really didn't seem to care, but now he kicks his legs and gets a huge smile on his face when he sees that car turn the corner! As soon as Eric gets out of the car he leans as far as he can to get to him. I love it! It blows my mind that in just 8 months my baby boy has gone from this: (notice that his head was the same length as Eric's finger!)
To this!

There is one other "person" that Mac seems to be head over heels for...that would be Heisman. He screams (happy screams) whenever Heisman walks by. Last night we went to the dog park to let Heisman play. I thought Mac would enjoy seeing all the other dogs there. There were probably 25 dogs, but the only one he cared about was his puppy. Heisman would be running around and as soon as Mac got a glimpse of him the screaming would start! He loves him so much, and Heisman has been such a good sport. Much to Mac's delight, he will let him grab his ears and face (we try not to let him play too rough). My hope is that as Mac gets older, they will just wear each other out!

We couldn't let yesterday's beautiful weather go to waste so after church yesterday we went to the pumpkin patch (conveniently located on the front lawn of the church). The weather was absolutely perfect!
Mac seems to really enjoy the cooler weather so we sat outside on a blanket. He smiles everytime a cool breeze hits his face:
Mac has really embraced bathtime...We are still sitting in the sink because it is so much easier than the tub, even with his little bath seat.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I can vouch for him loving Heisman...on Saturday we were sitting on the couch and Heisman was right next to us, Mac kept wanting to "pet" him or pull on his ears and then Mac kept putting his head down into his lap, then looking up and giggling...we couldn't decide if he was playing hide and seek or just almost falling asleep but either way it was really cute and funny!