Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's A Bird, It's A Plane...No, It's A Star....

Eric said we should never speak of this again, but it was too funny. Last night Eric was yelling for me to come outside. He tells me to look at all the airplanes in the sky. I'm not even kidding you when I say that we saw 80 planes in the sky within 5 minutes. We couldn't figure out what was going on! He actually called his buddy that lives in our area and told him to go check it out. We were standing on the deck in amazement...then his buddy says, "Dude, I think those are stars." We quickly realized that the clouds were moving and it made it look like the "planes" were moving...they weren't. We both died laughing. I don't think I have ever felt that stupid. For the next 30 minutes Eric and I would bust into fits of laughter everytime we looked at each other. Maybe we need to get out of the city more...apparently it's been too long since we saw a star.

I know I've only been at this parenting thing for 8 months (almost), but I have learned a thing or two...like your child will make a liar out of you. If you tell people how your baby only cries when he's hungry he will scream his head off in the middle of the supermarket even though he just ate a full bottle and 2 servings of baby food. Or, if you tell people how well behaved your child is you will go to pick him up from school and the teacher will tell you that he can only sit next to the bald babies. Why you might ask...well, that would be because your child grabs the the other children by the hair and face slams them into the table during snack time. Oh, and then he laughs about it. Yes...I am referring to my child. I will say this...while I do not condone hair pulling and face slamming, the thought of a baby doing it kind of made me laugh...that probably sounds horrible. Mac's teacher said that he also likes to try and eat noses...that one may be my fault. I have been teaching him how to "kiss." When you ask for a kiss and lean in he will open his mouth and touch your face to his lips...it really is quite cute, but to the untrained eye it would probably appear that he is trying to eat their faces =).

We have tried some new foods...egg plant, corn, strawberries, tofu and ice cream on a stick. I know they aren't supposed to have cows milk until they are a year old, but my sister fed him ice cream when he was 3 months old and it didn't affect him so I figured we would give it a try. I had some strawberry ice cream on a stick and he just kept opening his mouth so I let him try it...he LOVED it. He screamed until I gave him more so I finally had to walk away to finish my ice cream in secret. One of the Mom's at the Mommy and Me music class we go to said that her kid liked tofu so I gave it a try and he really seems to like it. I tried and bite and there really is no taste, but he seems to enjoy it. I'm hoping that if I expose him to a lot of different foods early on he will keep trying new things as he gets older.

I may be jinxing it, but I think Mac might crawl sometime in the next week or so. He has really been trying lately and today I saw him get up on his hands and toes (downward facing dog for all you yoga people). He said in that position for a good 10 seconds and dropped to his hands and knees. I'm so excited!

Little man is also getting a new carseat. He weighs 21 lbs now and the max for his carseat is 22. I did not realize how expensive they are! I did my research and I found one that I really like...we are getting 2 so that we can each have one and so when #2 comes along we will already have a seat for him/her. I wanted to get them in different colors and then I had a thought...I can just see my 2 kids screaming over who gets what seat...so we are only getting one color =).

I'm being lazy and not posting any pictures, but I'll put some up soon...

No comments: