Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mr. Sandman.....

I think I have the perfect little boy (I know, I know) except for one thing...his sleeping, or lack there of! He is such a happy little guy, loves playing with his puppy, and is, for the most part, very well-behaved no matter where we go, but he does not like to nap! For a while I have been counting my blessings that he sleeps through the night and thought I would just suffer through his refusal to sleep during the day, but it has gotten so hard to get things done around the house. Everyday he gets more and more mobile and instead of cleaning the house I end up chasing him around when he should be asleep. I decided a few days ago that as much as I hate to hear him cry, he was going to be in his bed for a minimum of 30 minutes each afternoon. We started this on Monday (I caved after 5 minutes and let him take a nap on me instead)...Tuesday came and went, and here we are today. I told myself I was just going to have to listen to him cry. I stuck it out for 10 minutes and guess what....he's asleep! Of course instead of doing things around the house I'm blogging, but I had to share my happy news! Hopefully we will keep this up!...

No comments: