Thursday, October 15, 2009

Shoot' em Up...

Yesterday evening was interesting to say the least. Mac and had just gotten home and were playing in the living room when I heard a crash upstairs. I do not know why, but my immediate thought was someone was in the house. I grabbed Mac, sans pants, set the alarm and got in the car. I called Eric to tell him what happened and he said the alarm company was on the other line...something set off the house alarm...the only way the alarm would go off is if the motion detector was triggered or if a door/window was opened. We called the police and within 3 minutes there was a cop there. He came over to the car and talked to me and did a quick check around the outside of the house while he was waiting for another officer. Once he arrived they went into the house, guns drawn...and kicked my dog out into the garage for jumping on them =). All the while, my house has turned into the neighborhood attraction. They couldn't find anything. It freaked me out that someone could have been in my house. Eric and I did another search of the house...as embarrased as I am...we found that the shower curtain/rod in the upstairs bathroom had fallen...that was the crash that I heard. So basically, if you ever want to really scare me just throw a shower curtain on the ground =). I told Eric if we keep seeing "airplanes" and hearing noises in our house people are going to think we're drinking too much or something and take Mac away!

Today I took Mac to school and headed over to the dentist...I waited for an hour and a half and still had not been seen. They then told me that it would be another 45 minutes and that first visits take extra time because it is a detailed exam...what does that have to do with waiting in a waiting room for an hour and half???? I left with a cracked crown and no cleaning...looking for a new dentist.

Here are a few pictures:

Mac with our yet to be carved pumpkin:

Mac and his new carseat:

No comments: