Monday, September 28, 2009

Gig'em Ags...

You all know that I love A&M. I mean, I married a guy who got so excited he pushed me off a set of bleachers live on ESPN when Gameday came to Aggieland so that he could be on tv (for those of you can't remember that far back...we used to have a good football team). We bleed maroon in this house, but I think Aggies have taken it to a new level...brainwashing babies! When I was pregnant with Mac someone told me there was a new video called "Baby Aggie: Raising Tomorrow's Fan Today" that teaches your child about A&M. By now you are probably realizing that we own this video. And I can't even blame it on Eric..I bought it. It's basically a bunch of kids in Aggie apparel, playing with Aggie merchandise, and clips from various sporting events. Mac is actually watching it right now and I am laughing. It kind of has that Baby Einstein style..say a word, show the letters, and show a kid with the item....expect they are all related to A&M! So instead of hearing "ball" or "cow" I am listening to a woman (with a rather creepy voice) say "Gig'em" and "Whoop!"
This is the first time we've watched it and I can't wait to show Eric when he gets home because Mac just flipped out! They showed a picture of the Aggie Band and started playing the war hymn and Mac started screaming, jumping up and down in the bouncer and "hooting." He loved it! Maybe it's genetic.... However, the best part about this video is that it has the Red, White, and Blue Out on it!!!! Sorry Eric, but I have to brag...Eric is the guy that started it! Everytime I see pictures of that game I am just so proud...He is a pretty amazing guy =)

On a different note...Mac and I went to his music class today and he really liked it. He would "sing along" with some of the songs and just liked being with the other babies. It was fun! I went with my friend and some of the other Mom's over to Buffalo Grille for lunch and that turned out to be quite interesting. I ordered my food and went to sit down with Mac. He got really fussy all of the sudden. He didn't want food so I thought maybe he was dirty. I picked him up to head for the bathroom and got a little choked on his puff and out of no where....projectile vomit. On me, on him, all over the restaurant floor. For some reason I thought that cupping my hand under his mouth would somehow stop it from going everywhere, but I just ended up with a hand full of puke...it was not one of our prouder moments. I took him to the bathroom and tried to clean us off a little bit...and then he was fine...back to his happy self. I was ready to just go home at that point, but all the other Mom's were so sweet about it I ended up staying. I guess they've all been there before.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Your man came up with Red, White and Blue Out? That's so awesome!