Saturday, September 19, 2009

Here Comes Number 2....

Mac's second tooth that is =). This one is on the bottom too and his poor little gums are all puffed up around it. He has been so cranky the last few days and I'm assuming that's why. In the last 3 days I have seen a side of Mac that I didn't know even existed! Sure, every once in a while Mad Mac will come to visit, but it's gone to a whole new level. He has thrown fit after fit. He did get his flu shot on Tuesday so may be that has something to do with it...I'm ready for my happy little man to come back. The one thing that seems to resolve any tantrum is Baby Einstein. He LOVES it. His favorite seems to be Animals On The Farm. He gets so tickled by the rooster puppet. It is pretty funny to watch. Here is a shot of him when his rooster buddy was on screen:

Mac has started to do quite a few new things in the past week. I have noticed when I do the milk sign for him he actually does it back. You have to really watch his hand, but he's doing it! He has never actually done the sign to tell me he wants milk, but when I do it and bring him a bottle he starts squeezing his little hand.

He has also started raising his arms when he wants to be picked up. I noticed that if he is sitting in the floor, he will sometimes lift his arms up. I didn't really think about it until his teacher said he was doing it at school and getting really frustrated when no one came over to get him after a few times of doing it. It makes me happy that he is starting to "communicate" a little bit.

Mac now has a new treat that he gets everyday. They are called Mum-Mum's. One of the kids in his class eats them and they are great. The last time I tried to give him a solid food (Puffs) he got choked and it really freaked me out so I have only been givng him baby food. These things melt in your mouth so quickly that I feel comfortable letting him eat them. His little buddy's Mom said that her son choked on one once, but by the time she got over to him it had already dissolved. I still stand there and watch him while he eats it, but so far so good. Heisman just sits and waits for him to drop a piece...




I'm really excited that he's trying to crawl now. I know, I know; I'll miss the day when he would stay in one place, but I'm still excited. He hasn't quite got it figured out, but it provides Eric and I with free entertainment to watch him try. He can push up really well on his hands and knees...just not at the same time. He kind of switches between the two...then, when he gets tired, he lifts his arms and legs off of the floor and just rolls around on that big old belly...it's quite commical.

And finally, I don't really know how to describe this, but if you tap on his mouth with your hand he will make noise and he thinks it's funny....I know, really bad description. Just watch:


Here are some new pictures:

Mac in his Rice "MBAby" onesie:


No comments: