Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baby Books and Such...

I'm so happy that my mom and Eric's have given us our baby books. Fortunately they did a great job of writing down everything that we did so I can compare it to what Mac is doing. I was looking at mine the other day and found something I thought was worth commenting on. On the first page of the book my Mom glued a card from Similac (which happens to be the formula that Mac uses). It says:

"If a child lives with criticism, He learns to condemn.
If a child lives with hostility, He learns to fight.
If a child lives with ridicule, He learns to be shy.
If a child lives with shame, He learns to feel guilty.
If a child lives with tolerance, He learns to be patient.
If a child lives with encouragement, He learns confidence.
If a child lives with praise, He learns to appreciate.
If a child lives with fairness, He learns justice.
If a child lives with security, He learns to have faith.
If a child lives with approval, He learns to like himself.
If a child lives with acceptance and friendship, He learns to find love in the world."

For me, that really is the summation of the house that I want my child to grow up in as well as a warning of what can happen if they are raised in a home surrounded with negativity and hate. Not that anyone would purposly raise their child to hate, condemn, etc...but it makes me more aware of the things that come out of my mouth and the way I act.

I also see that while Mac my look like his Daddy, he seems to be built more like his Mommy. Mac now weighs 19.5 lbs (at 7 months)...I weighed 18 lbs and Eric only weighed 14lbs!

At 7 months I was saying "Dada," crawling, and pulling up on things. Eric was 8 months old when he started crawling and pulling up on things and saying "Dada" at 7 months....so I'm thinking Mac isn't too far away!

Unfortunately Mac is sick right now, just a little cold, but he just acts miserable. We have to hold him down to suck the snot from his nose (lovely visual, I know), he is sleeping in an upright position, and sneezing all over me...hopefully we will be better tomorrow. We are supposed to go to music class tomorrow morning, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. I don't want to be the mom that lets her kid get everyone else sick!

No comments: