Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Lone Ranger....

So there were 3 pregnant people at my office...now it's just me =(. One of the girls just kind of quit showing up for work so she got fired (very odd) and then the other girl is actually due Jan 2, but she started having contractions so now she's out...I'm lonely =(.
Oh well...I've started having Braxton Hicks contractions and I can't say that I'm too fond of them. It's exactly like they describe them...not painful, but "uncomfortable." It's not bad if I'm at home because I can just lay down and they go away, but at work I'm pretty much stuck. There is a huge difference between him moving and the contraction. I still love to feel him move though! He's been pretty active since about week 20 on, but now it's crazy! He moves ALL the time! What's funny is that I don't think he likes people "touching him." I can touch my stomach and he'll keep on kicking, but if anyone else does he usually stops (including Eric). Eric has definitely felt him kick, but he usually slows way down when he touches me.
I can't believe it is almost Christmas...I still have a lot to do. Eric's family was easy this year because we decided to draw names...only one present to buy (well, actually 2, but I told Eric he is responsible for his person). My family...not so much....I can usually figure out something to buy for the women, but guys are a different story. I hate always buying a sweater or a shirt, but I never know what to get. Lots of gift cards probably (which is probably worse than a shirt, but at least people can get what they want).
I go back to the Dr. on Friday so hopefully everything will continue to go as planned. I have really enjoyed being pregnant so far, but I can tell it's going to get old pretty soon. The back aches, leg cramps, etc. are starting to catch up with me I think. It's not so much "painful" as it is uncomfortable (well, the leg cramps are PAINFUL) . I would love to just take some NyQuil and sleep, but of course I can't do that...I"m sure I'll just rest after he gets here..HA HA HA!
I also have a new craving...watermelon and pineapple! I actually don't think I've eaten my usual 10 lbs of strawberries this week =). I hope that those fruits stay in season through the winter because Eric my have to do some driving otherwise!

No comments: