Friday, December 12, 2008

Going Strong....

I had my Dr. appt. today and everything went well. Eric is sad because he doesn't get another "picture" (ultrasound) of the baby, so now he wants to go to one of those places where you pay to do it. I'm fine with it if he wants to...I just really don't like the 3 and 4D images. I think they're creepy. They look like rock formations or little old men or something (I know...rock formation vs. little old man is really not a good comparison.)
I asked him how they can tell what position the baby is in without an US and he said the he can already see that he's head down. So that big bump on the lower right hand side of my stomach that I've been poking....um, yeah...that's his head...oops =). I thought it was a butt! It's so odd when I lay down because I'm completely lopsided....there's just this big bump on the right hand side....And back to a previous post...the belly button is getting a little too close for comfort. I have a ways to go, but I'm getting scared! =)
I have to start going every 2 weeks now to the Dr. Our next visit is on Christmas Eve. I was shocked they would be open, but it's easier for both of us to go that day. I have to go this Monday as well to do my Glucose test. I have to drink "Glucola"...sounds yummy right? But I do hear that it comes in a variety of flavors! You have to drink within 5 minutes and then exactly one hour later they do a blood draw to check your sugar levels...I pray that I do not have gestational diabetes because I do not know what i would do without my fruit and ice cream! I need them!!!
I really do like going to the Dr. because I get to hear his heartbeat (although he doesn't ever let me forget he's in there with all the kicking and poking), but it always seems that an 11am visit turns into a 12pm visit which doesn't end until 1pm...I work at a outpatient clinic in a hospital...I should know how appointments run.
I do love my Dr. though. He's VERY laid back about everything. He's one of those guys who will tell you that people have been having babies for centuries...way before USs and Glucose screenings....and they were fine! I was so upset when I had to switch OBs (my original one is retiring from OB in January), but Dr. Irwin is wonderful. I don't know you could stick with an OB you didn't like. Its a somewhat "personal" thing and I think it's so important to have a good pregnancy, labor/birth experience...I have had friends who hated their OB from the start and stayed with them...I just couldn't do that. He gets the Bethea stamp of approval =)
Hope everyone has finished their shopping...because I haven't...I kind of need to get on the ball...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

If you decide you want to do the 3D ultrasound, let me know because I have a $20 off coupon to the place where I had it done. It's at Willowbrook though, so it would be super far for you. I'm sure you will do great with your glucose test. And you look so cute in your picture!