Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Break is Coming!!!!!

Can I tell you how nice it is to know that I get off work at 12pm tomorrow...yet somehow stressful at the same time?!?!? I am so tired and so excited to have 3 1/2 full days off from work, but I'm so busy (yet I'm writing on my blog at work...hmmm)! With everyday that passes, it's one less before BB gets here, i.e. one less day I have to get everything transitioned to co-workers/boss before I am out for 12 weeks! I just don't want to be one of those people (and we've had them) who go out on leave and then everyone complains because they didn't get everything taken care of....oh well, all I know is that it's almost time relax. And no, I still haven't finished Christmas shopping!!!! I only have 2 people left, but I'm stumped. One is my best friend and I always put so much thought into her gift that it ends up stressing me out. I don't know why it's like that with her...the other one shouldn't be this difficult, but I just hate giving the same old generic Christmas gifts each year. I guess I will finish up tomorrow.
I am going fabric shopping tonight with my friend Shauna. We are going to figure out what type of drapes I want for BB's room. My friend Beth's grandmother offered to sew them so I can't pass on that!
A bit of sad news....my grandmother's best friend (of over 50 years) has recently been diagnosed with cancer (unknown primary from what she has said) and it has spread over her entire body. She has severe radiation burns on parts of her body and it in a tremendous amount of pain. They have actually decided to radiate her brain now. Just pray that the treatments go well with minimal side effects. She is actually a close family friend and it broke my heart to talk to my grandmother the other day. I think sometimes we forget what a blessing it is to have a grandmother (89) and a grandfather (92) who still live independently with virtually no medical problems (except for the typical old age stuff). Okay, I'm going to make a Grey's Anatomy reference here...Patsy is my grandmother's "person." They have given her 3-6 mo. Working where I do I think I have become very callous to the whole process of death/dying when someone is in pain. I just feel that it is so much better for them to go peacefully with quality of life than to live a few extra months in pain. Wow...this post has just taken on a completely unintended dark side. Basically, just pray for peace and reassurance for the family/friends and for her quality of life...
Okay, lets talk about something a little more upbeat...Eric's family is coming into town on the 26th-27th. For those of them that read this blog...you can't look in BB's closet! There are way too many things with his name on it...sorry =(. I'll let you peek in if you just want see what it looks like, but no name hints!
I know...we're evil, but only a few more weeks =)

No comments: