Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mommy: The Musical

I've started to notice something about Mac. Not only does he like to hear music, but he actually responds to it. He will stop what he’s doing if he hears a song. That being said, I have caught myself making up and singing very silly little songs to him to get his attention. We have some future hits in our house such as: “Oh Mr. Mac,” “Walk’n Up The Hill,” “Walk’n Down The Street,” “Mac-A-Doodle Dandy,” and my all time favorite “Who Wants To Take A Big Boy Bath?” I’m not kidding, these are actual tunes I have made up and started singing to my child. And no, I will not be sharing them with you! They are absolutely ridiculous, but they make him laugh. When we sing his bath song, he actually walks into the bathroom and stands by the tub!

Another way I have started communicating with Mac is through sign language. Well, he only has 1 sign, but we’re on our way. A week ago Mac learned/repeated the sign for please. I was so proud of him. Every time he sees his snacks or his drink he signs please so that you’ll give him one. Here’s the problem, Mac will also walk up to you, sign please, and just look at you. Unfortunately when I’m sitting in the middle of the living room I have no clue what he wants. He gets so frustrated and just keeps repeating the sign over and over. It’s so cute though. It reminds me of when I first taught Heisman to sit. I would show everyone how smart my puppy was…I guess now I’m doing it with my son? Did I just compare my child and my dog…oops.

No comments: