Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let The Count Down Begin....

Well, it has officially begun. In less than 365 days I will be old...that's right, I'll be 30 next year. I"m just kidding (about being old, not about turning 30). I did have a great 29th birthday though. Eric got me 2 tickets to see Chelsea Handler, a beautiful flower arrangement, and 2 cards (one from him and one from Mac). I think after over 10 years of being together Eric has finally realized that it's not a complete birthday present until I have received a Hallmark card to commemorate the occasion. Eric had to go out of town on the actual day, but I had a great time with some of my best girl friends. We went to Tiny Boxwood's for dinner and came back to my place that night. Let me just say, I don't EVER remember staying up until 4:30 am on purpose. We had a blast! And by the way, if you live in Houston and you haven't had cupcakes from Crave, stop what you are doing and go get some! Oh my gosh...I have never had a better cupcake. And let me recommend the strawberry or red velvet..Yum! I don't even want to know how many calories are in one of those things....

Other than that...Mac seems to be doing new things everyday. The other day we were at the store and Mac looked up at a the ceiling, pointed to a light, looked and me with the biggest grin and said "ight!" (I didn't miss the "L"...Mac can't say it.) Of course I made a huge fuss over him for saying it and for the remainder of our shopping visit he pointed to the ceiling and yelled "ight!" He has also learned that shaking his head from side to side means "No." Whenever he doesn't want something he shakes his head "No." I'm not sure I like this one as much as "ight" but I guess it means he's learning. My favorite new Mac trick has to be the dancing. He loves to dance. If you sing to him and clap your hands, play a CD for him, or even bounce up and down like a fool, he will dance for you. If you ask him to play his "ABC's" he goes and turns on the song on his play table and dances. It provides hours of entertainment.

I'm basically going to be lazy and not post any pictures this time...but you can see everything on Facebook anyway if you need your Mac fix for the day =)

No comments: