Monday, May 3, 2010

Beach Time!

Friday night I was so mad at the weather man. He had promised me a beautiful sunny end of the week/weekend and it was not looking good. We had planned to take Mac for his first beach trip Saturday and I was really sad the weather was not going to cooperate. To my surprise, I saw a little bit of sun peaking out through the clouds when I woke up so we decided to go a head and drive down to Galveston. After bathing Mac in some sunscreen (I'm afraid he has his Daddy's skin) we headed for the water.
Mac was not okay with that. It was a little choppy and from Mac's little view it probably looked like we were taking him into 50 foot waves. He held on for dear life and completely freaked out when we tried to let him get his feet wet.
After a few more failed attempts we gave up and decided we were sand people. Mac (and Eric) had a fun time building and knocking down sandcastles. Mac walked up and down the beach (keeping a safe distance from the water) checking out, well, more sand, and the birds.
In an attempt to amuse my child, I made a huge error in judgment and fed the birds. We had some goldfish snacks so I grabbed a handful and thew them in the air. Within 5 seconds, the 2 birds I was feeding turned into about 20 and they would not go away. For the next 5 minutes they just hovered over our heads waiting for a snack. Suddenly I had a horrible vision of birds swooping down and pecking at my son so we walked away thinking they would catch the hint but no such luck. I'm sure the people around us really appreciated it.
Here are a few more pictures from our fun day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The last picture of Eric and Mac looks like something you would see in a magazine, a classic Father's Day picture.