Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Update

Thanks to an email from my brother-in-law I realized that I have not done my monthly update on Mac (thanks Andrew). The past 2 months have been so hectic, but I love sitting and writing these little notes to Mac. They make me think about all we've done and how much he's grown. It makes me happy and sad all at the same time when I realize what a big boy he is becoming.

Today Mac is 15 months old. Broken record here, but I can't believe its gone so fast! He has had a nasty little stomach bug the past few days that has resulted in the rinsing and washing of multiple pairs of pants as well as a 2 pound drop in his weight. The doctor told us to keep him away from dairy and fatty foods until the end of the week and then slowly reintroduce them to his diet to avoid any additional diaper disasters. He acted like he felt fine today so maybe he's on the road to recovery. We decided to forgo his 15 month shots until next week when he will hopefully be completely back to normal. He weighed in at 23 pounds (like I said, he was 25 last week) and measured 32 inches long.

Mac, at 15 months:

-You run to the door in the evening when I tell you Daddy is home
-Heisman is still your best friend
-You know how to say dog, bird, mama, dada, light, yes, and no
-You know how to sign "please"
-You know how to sign "come" for your puppy
-You walk around the house yelling "dog"
-You will stop in your tracks and dance if someone sings the ABC song
-You love music
-You love to dance
-Your favorite place to be is outside on the deck
-You love to eat strawberries
-You won't go to sleep unless Mommy or Daddy sing you a song (or 2 or 3)
-Mommy sings "Beautiful Boy" to you every night
-People stop me to tell me how beautiful you are
-You wave "bye-bye"
-You love to climb the stairs (if only you could get past that pesky gate)
-You make your Mommy and Daddy smile everyday!

No comments: