Sunday, May 23, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday!

Happy (belated) birthday to my wonderful husband! Eric turned 30 on Friday and I threw him a little party at the house to celebrate with friends. For the past 2 weeks, all I have heard is how old he is going to be so I decided that a kids party was in order complete with games, candy, and of course a pinata. We had a great time.
We had planned on going and riding go carts on Saturday at noon with some friends. And by the way, these are not the Celebration Station caliber go carts people. These things go 60 miles an hour and might possibly be the most fun thing I have ever done! Unfortunately it just wasn't looking like enough people were going to make it out so we decided to cancel. My dad and step-mom had offered to watch Mac for a few hours while we went so I called to cancel and Eric and I got a wonderful surprise...they offered to take Mac for the day! We got to have brunch with friends and made an impromptu lake trip. I don't think we have been able to be that spontaneous since we got a dog! It was a wonderful carefree day! We had dinner plans, but as we were leaving the lake, my Dad called and said that Mac had been crying pretty much all day and it might be a good time to come and get him. I was a little sad, but it really had been such a great day I wasn't too disappointed. When we got to their house Mac apparently just needed to see us because he perked right up when he saw us. We kept our dinner plans and boy and I glad we did! Mac was quite the entertainer that evening. We went to a place called Raia's in the Heights. I strongly recommend it if you are ever in the area. We sat outside with a great breeze, a few bottles of wine and some friends. When the food came Mac decided that he wanted to eat the spaghetti off of his daddy's plate and it was too funny....




And a few extras:
He has learned how to "sniff" the flowers:

No comments: