Sunday, March 7, 2010

Grandaddy

Yesterday was a sad day for my family. Around 5pm my sweet Grandaddy passed away. He lived a very happy and active life for 93 years and he will be missed. I think the thing I remember most about him is that from the time I was little, you could always find him sitting at the kitchen table reading his Bible. He was one of the Godliest men to walk this earth. He was a man who truly walked the walk everyday of his life. While we are all so sad to see him go, he is finally in a place where he is free of pain and able to do what he loved most in the world, praise God. Obviously, we wish we had more time with him, but I am just so glad that he where he deserves to be after years of faithfulness. I am just so thankful that he was able to meet Mac. I know that Mac will not remember him, but it means so much to me. We love you Grandaddy and you will never know the joy you brought to our lives...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Alana, I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandpa. He sounds like a wonderful man.