Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ride'em Cowboy

Mac just made is first trip to Louisiana to see some of our family. We had such a great time! We headed up there on Friday and to my surprise, Mac did really well on the drive up. We were about 10 minutes away from my Aunt's house and...
Flat tire....but it did give Mac the opportunity to show off his new jacket and shoes.
The next day we headed over to Athens so that Mac could see the animals and he loved it! My great-uncle Glawson has tons of different animals up there. We always loved visiting when we were little. I wasn't sure how Mac would react since he had a meltdown at the zoo, but he seemed to be amazed by everything around him. We went to go see the clydesdales and a mule first.
He always have some not so normal farm animals...this time, it was a few Watussi. Their horns are so thick. He said that they will try to use a few of them to ride in the rodeo (for bull riding).
We went over to the Ponderosa to see some horses too. They put a lead rope on one and brought him out for Mac to see. He was the sweetest horse. We stood there and petted him for a good 20 minutes, Mac sat on him, and then they saddled him so I could ride. I got up on the horse and decided to take a quick picture with Mac...and of course and that exact moment the horse decided it did not want to us up there. He started kicking and jerking back hard enough that I was afraid to be holding Mac up there. I don't think I have ever held onto him so tight. Luckily, Eric was able to grab him and I just held on for a few seconds until he calmed down. After that he was fine. I rode him around for about 15 minutes with no problem...it was a little scary though...
I was a little disappointed because I wanted to see them cut the horns on the cattle that morning, but we had to get new tires on the car and got a late start...but I got a souviner...now we actually have horns that have been "sawed off" for our Aggie household.
After lunch we went with my brother to ride on the 4 Wheeler. I forgot how much fun that is!
We went to see my great-Aunt Ruth at her camp house that night and Mac got to meet his cousin Paxton. Paxton is 9 months older than Mac, but they are about the same height. I'm not sure that either one of them really knew what to think about the other:
We got to eat up at my Aunt Ruth's resturant, Port-Au-Prince and he was definantly the hit of the night. I am so thankful to have such an easy and, for the most part, well behaved little boy...
We had a really great time and it was so great to see some of my cousins that I don't think I've seen in years. We are heading back up there in January for my little brother's birthday and I can't wait!

Here are a few random pictures from the weekend.



No comments: