Saturday, November 7, 2009

Good Mommy

I was reading an article the other day about "Good Parenting." For some reason that term really bothers me. I personally do not believe that you can put into words the definition of a good parent. Bad parenting is another story (aka "Balloon Boy), but that's a whole other discussion. In this article (which was aimed at people with children from birth to 1 year) it discussed that a "good parent" has a set bed time for their child every night. I do not for one second believe that I am not doing my job because I don't put my child in his crib at the same time every night...on the contrary...I think that we would be missing out on quality time together as a family if I forced Mac to go lay awake in his bed because of what the clock says. If I have learned anything from being a parent it is that you cannot tell somehow how to raise their child...what works for you may not work for someone else!

Moving on...

Last week my friend Amanda posted a little note to her daughter telling her all that she has done during this month of her life. Since Mac is nearing the end of his 8th month I thought it was such a cute idea that I’m going to be a little copy cat and draft one as well.

Mac, at 8 months…

-You wake up with a big smile on your face every morning

-You love laying in bed with Mommy, Daddy and Heisman every morning so we can all play together before our day starts.

-You LOVE to be naked…it is getting harder and harder to hold you down and get a diaper on that cute little bottom

-Your favorite snacks are Mum Mums and Puffs (Mommy likes them too!)

-You love all of the fruits that you have been given, but veggies are not your favorite right now

-At school, the teachers say you like to pull people’s hair at snack time and that you love buggy rides

-You can now drink from a sippy cup if you are laying down…you need a little help if you are sitting up

-All of Mommy and Daddy’s friends love it when Baby Mac comes out to dinner

-Bath time is so much fun. You have learned how to splash the water all over the floor.

-You have also learned that bubbles do not go in your mouth!

-You can get anywhere you want to by rolling on the floor

-You have just learned how to sit up by yourself after playing on the floor

-You wear mostly 6-9 month clothes, but they are getting a little snug

-You weigh 20.5 pounds

-You are not the best napper, but you are a great cuddler

-Your beautiful blue eyes light up every time your puppy walks by

-You get very sad if your puppy gets in trouble

-You wake up around 7:30 am every morning

-You love to yell “Da Da” all the time now

-You think it is so funny when Mommy dances around and acts silly

-You adore your Daddy

-You are the greatest gift that your Daddy and I have ever received

That was a lot to read, so take a break and enjoy some pictures!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You will be so glad you recorded these details. You are a great mom!