Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Praying for Joe and Jenn

I'm sure a lot of you have seen the posts I have had on Facebook since last Wednesday and I just want to continue to ask for prayer for the situation. If you have not heard, Joe, a guy I went to high school with, is a pilot in the Navy. He was doing a routine training mission this past Wednesday over Corpus when communication with the plane was lost. A search and rescue began and on Friday afternoon they found the body of his co-pilot. Joe is still missing. His fiance, who I also went to high school with, has been posting updates on Facebook about the search and asking for prayers for Joe. As of yesterday, they Navy has suspended the search and are only looking to retrieve what they are able to find. Everyone is holding out hope that Joe is still alive, but obviously with each passing day the likelihood of this becomes less and less. It is a truly sad and tragic thing. Please continue to pray not only for Jenn/Joe and their families, but also for the volunteers who are still out looking for him. What a miracle would it be if Joe was found and rescued!

I think the hardest thing would be not knowing. If Joe does not survive this I just pray that they are able to find him to be able to provide closure to everyone involved. Just keep them all in your prayers...

No comments: