Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow Day

As most of you know, I HATE cold weather! I have never enjoyed it. I would much rather be sitting on a beach somewhere soaking up some sun than anywhere where the weather is below 70 degrees. All that being said, this past Friday was really fun. I was in the car taking Mac to school when I noticed the snow starting to fall. I thought about having to pick him up that afternoon and I changed my mind and headed back home...and I am so glad I did! I know Mac will never remember it, but I actually had fun bundling him up and taking pictures in the snow.
Saturday morning I took Mac to get a picture with Santa. I had a feeling that it would not go well because this past week Mac has been very clingy and having a little bit of seperation anxiety...so throwing him in a strangers lap sounds like a good idea right? I took him to the Bass Pro near our house because they do the pictures for free. The photographer (aka sixteen year old guy who probably works in the back and got stuck snapping pictures of screaming children) told me to just "throw" Mac in Santa's lap and run towards the camera. Well, by the time I tossed my child and got out of the way he was already screaming. I am going to have Eric take the picture to work and scan it because it is priceless...

The rest of our shopping trip was fun though. Bass Pro is a great place to take kids..there is so much to look at!
And here are some of my new favorite pictures of Mac. He looks like a little candy cane!

No comments: