Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Road Trip

A year ago today we scheduled the date that Mac would be born! I was NOT happy. A C-section was not part of my plan, but as you have probably figured out by now, it all worked out =).

So much has happened in a year. He's walking, talking (okay...babbling), waving, etc, etc...I finally understand why people say you just don't get it until you have a child. It is an eye opening experience.

Another eye opening experience involves going on a 5 hour car ride with an 11 month old. It's not really something I recommend. We went to Louisiana last weekend for my brother's 21st birthday and had a blast (once we got there). Mac actually wasn't that bad on the way up, but it's just involves constant entertaining to get him there without a meltdown (or just have your sister feed your child Twizzlers...that works too).
The last time we went to Louisiana Mac loved all the animals. Not so much this time. We took him to see two calves that had to be bottle fed. Great photo op, right? Mac didn't think so.
Mommy on the other hand had a good time.
The only animals that Mac seemed to enjoy were a duck and goose combo that wanted to attack him! The goose and I have had previous issues (I didn't like him and he wanted to bite me)...so I was not so thrilled to see him. Mac was standing at the door looking out when I saw our not so welcome feathered friends come waddling up. Mac thought they were hilarious as they quacked and honked and pecked at the window. Little did he know they were trying to get him!
My brothers party went really well. Lots of relatives we never see came and it was a good time. Mac tried to make friends with his little cousin Jasey by chasing her around, but she was not as impressed. She kept running away saying "you can't touch me!!!"
Hope you had a great birthday Kevin!!!

Here are a few more pictures from our trip...plus some of my destructive child and dog:

No comments: