Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Always On The Go...

I had no idea how much energy a 1 year old little boy has bottled up inside. From the time Mac wakes up to the time he goes to bed it is non stop movement. One of his new favorite activities is to grab a kitchen chair and push it all over the tile. The game usually ends when he runs into a wall at full force.


We have moved Heisman's food into our bathroom because it has become Mac's new splash toy...but of course he has already found it. I figure he spends less time in our bathroom than he does in the kitchen so it's a bit easier to keep him out of it. Maybe if I quit taking pictures of him doing things he's not supposed to do he would stop...just a thought...but it won't happen!
He has also discovered the stairs which really scares me. It didn't take him long to figure out how to get up those things either. He stands on the first step (back to the ground) and it looks like he's going to do the Lipton Tea plunge. All that to say he keeps Mama on her toes!

I am trying to find some type of barricade to put in front of the steps and am having a little bit of trouble. If we use one of the cheap little $20 gates (that he could probably pull down if he wanted to) he can still get up the third step. I know it doesn't sound like much , but that's a long fall for a kid. I also don't want to spend $200 or more dollars on a gate. Here are pictures of our stairs so you can see what I'm talking about.
If any of you have stairs like this, what did you use to keep your kids off of them? We have a great gate at the top of the stairs, but it just won't work at the bottom.

Mac also has a new trick...he loves to play Peek A Boo. He just started this a few days ago...he puts his hands over is face until you say "Where's Mac??". Then he shows his face and waits for you to act surprised and gives the biggest smile you've ever seen. It makes me laugh.

It's funny that when you have an infant you can't imagine being any busier, but then they grow, they crawl, they walk, they open doors (that's right) and you realize how tame life used to be! Don't get me wrong, I love every second of it, but it's definently busy...I'm just glad that we have enough activites planned during the week with other kids so he can get some of that energy out!

No comments: