Thursday, February 18, 2010

Party Time!

Mac's first birthday party was a huge success! We ended up having over 50 people in our house and it was a great time...And I have to say, the cake turned out really well! I think that making that cake stressed me out more than anything else, but I was very pleased with it in the end.
It was so great to have all of our friends and family make it out to celebrate the little guy. Mac had quite a showing of his little buddies too. It's very strange that I only know 2 people in the past year that have had girls. And I know a lot of people who have had kids this year! Mac will never have a problem finding friends his age to play with.

Mac's smash cake (that my Mom made) was really cute. It was a little football player. We are referring to the color as light maroon =). Mac was not to thrilled about getting his hands dirty, but we got some cute pictures anyway.


The past few days have been interesting. Mac got a hair cut that went really well. He was so good. I always take him with me when I get highlights so he is used to sitting in my lap there. I am so glad to be able to see the tops of his little ears again.

He also had his 1 year check up this week. That did not go so well. He is growing like a champ, 30.5 inches (80th percent) and 24.5 lbs (50th percent). As the doctor was checking him out she noticed something....prepare yourself...he has infant penile adhesion. Sorry that I'm sharing this with everyone son...but basically the skin has grown back together since his circumcision. It's not really that bad and it's a pretty simple fix. We do have to go and see a surgeon, but it will hopefully just be an in office procedure and should take 5 minutes...that should be a fun one. So...after having skin in a very sensitive area tugged on he was not pleased, and then came the shots. That was the most I have seen him cry in a long time. The best part about that morning was that he slept for almost 3 hours when we got home.

It's been a busy birthday week for the little guy!

No comments: