Thursday, July 30, 2009

The New Iron Chef

Well, I doubt that making homemade baby food really qualifies me to be the Iron Chef, but it makes me happy =)...I have only made apples and carrots so far, but I like doing it. And really, I'm kind of cheating because I bought the Beaba Babycook (www.beaba.com) from Williams Sonoma to make it. But I do add the water and press all the right buttons so that's got to count for something. Mac is loving his apples. The doctor told me to give him only one food at a time for a 3 day span to make sure there are no allergies. Tomorrow we venture into the carrots. Here he is trying his apples for the first time:



I am convinced that Mac has some little teeth just sitting there waiting to pop out any day. The kid has really been drooling for the last 2 months and loves to bite down on anything he can get his hands on. He has now found something new that he loves to bite...me! I don't understand why he has chosen my boob as his new chew toy...he never latched on so it's not like he's reminiscing about the good old days. I also find it very strange that I'm the only one he does it to.

Unfortunately everyone in this house is sick right now...Eric has/had the flu (today is his first day back at work, but he's not 100%), I've got a milder version of what he had, and Mac has a cough/runny nose and has had a low grade fever on and off the last few days. So if you come to the Bethea house you better wear a mask.

And here is something that I have to get off my chest...have any of you seen that show "Toddlers and Tiaras"?...what is wrong with those people?!?!? I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with a kid being a beauty pageant but some of those mother's (and fathers) are just ridiculous. I feel so bad for some of those little kids. Some of the outfits/dances that those little girls do have gone way past the line of inappropriate. I'm sorry, but a 3 year old girl should not be trying to look "sexy" ....if you start telling a girl that young how important it is to be pretty all the time I think you are going to be in for some rough teen years.

Here are a few new pics of Mr. Mac:

Mac's new "just my size" football:



Trying to eat my nose:



Praying that Mommy will leave him alone:



My favorite =):

1 comment:

Amanda said...

If he's a biter, be glad you're not nursing. For real. I'm gonna look into that contraption you mentioned!