Saturday, July 25, 2009

Gym Time!

We took Mac to Gymboree today and he loved it! Eric...not so much. I do have to admit, the people who lead the sessions are a little "enthusiastic" for me, but the kids seem to love it. Mac got to go on the slide, play with the parachute, and he LOVED the bubbles. I actually bought him some so we could play when we got home. Mac is pretty much amazed by everything so the bright colors just made his day.

The real excitement for the day started after lunch. We decided to swing by IKEA to look for a toy chest for Mac. We were eating at the cafe and Eric said he thought Mac needed to be changed which means "Alana, you need to take him to the bathroom and change him." =). I got Mac to the bathroom and it was bad...I got him all cleaned up and then realized it had creeped up his back and was all over his clothes. No problem...I'll just put his spare onesie on...BUT there was no spare onesie!!!! I had no clothes to put on him! My child is laying on the changing table in the bathroom of IKEA with only a diaper on. I stood in there for a while trying to figure out what to do...



That's right...I had to take my child through the maze that is IKEA with nothing but a diaper on. It was not my proudest moment. We were definitely getting some strange looks from people as we tried to hide our naked child with burp cloths....

Let's back track a few days...Mac went to his first Astros game the other night and had a good time. He just sat on Eric's lap and stared at the field...



Mac has really started to copy some of the sounds/facial expressions that I make...I love this video:



And by the way...I'm a brunette now. It's starting to grow on me so hopefully I can leave it alone for a while!...pictures soon =)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

We love Gymboree. I used to take Jackson when he was a year to 18 months old. We had so much fun and it's great for active baby boys! I agree that some of the instructors are a little over the top. Really, we just wanted to do our thing and not be "led." I can't wait to take Annabeth one day.

Byron and Kelly said...

He is getting so big!!!