Tuesday, July 7, 2009

So Fresh and So Clean Clean!!!

So yesterday I had had it! Clutter is my enemy and so I decided I would battle it out with my closet. It was bad ya'll. I made a rule...If I had not worn it in 2 years (I gave myself 2 years instead of 1 since I was pregnant last year) it had to go. I have to say, I am embarrassed by how much stuff I had in there. So here was round 1: I found not one, not two, but 5 articles of clothing from high school that I honestly do not remember wearing since 1999. I have had at least 5 moves since graduating from high school (to the dorm, apartments, and our house) so how this stuff came along every time I don't know. I am such a pack rat when it comes to clothes. I always think in the back of my mind that I may need this later and then I guess it sits around for 10 plus years. Round 2: If it had a hole in it or was so faded that there was NO CHANCE that I would ever put it on again; it had to go. Now I know it sounds like a very easy thing to get rid of this kind of stuff, but I have such a hard time with it. Some of the stuff looked so bad and was so far back in the deep deep darkness of the closet that I don't even know if it is worthy to go to Star of Hope. Here is a picture of all the clothes hangers that are now in my closet floor....seriously; that is sad that I had that much extra stuff in there.


Yeah that's right...I just referenced an Outkast song =).

There are two more things I have to do now...go through Eric's stuff (I have promised not to throw out anything until he has had a chance to reclaim it) and to go through my shoes which might be more painful than going through my clothes.

I'm watching the Michael Jackson memorial service right now...I personally think he is one of the greatest performers that we will ever see. He sang, danced, and put on a show like not other! Regardless of what you thought about him as a person you have to acknowledge his talent. I really feel for his kids. And yes, I do recognize that those kids look nothing like him, but they are still his kids as far as I'm concerned. That's the only father they have ever known and I cannot imagine losing a father at such a young age. When his daughter spoke it broke my heart.

At the same time, I find it so odd that people from all over the world registered and traveled for tickets to a memorial service. I just don't understand feeling that kind of connection with a celebrity who you have never met. Regardless, it is all very sad...

So, just for fun...here's my favorite MJ video...I know it's everybody's favorite, but I love it!

1 comment:

Byron and Kelly said...

I plan to do the same thing after I lose some of my baby weight!!! You just never know what you will find!