Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mommy and Me...

Mac and I just got back from Mommy and Me Yoga! It was pleasantly surprised that it was actually a work out! I kind of expected it to be more about playing with Mac, but I can already tell that I am going to be sore...yeah! Mac laughed during the entire class so I think he actually liked it.

Now I have always enjoyed yoga and have tried different types (Hatha, Bikram, etc.), but I have never been able to really get into the whole meditation/peaceful mind thing. I go to yoga for the physical benefits. I think that the mental aspects are probably real, but I always seem to find myself giggling a little inside when the instructor tells me to "be the tree." I almost lost it a little bit today too. Some of this is also supposed to be for the baby and the instructor comes around right before class and does some reflexology/massage on the baby to calm them. Now I will say, he was fussy when we first walked in and once she started rubbing his feet he almost went into a trance (I need to find out what she did!). That part was great, but then she got down on the floor, laid next to Mac and started telling him that he was beautiful inside and out and that he should relax his body and mind. Really??? First of all, I don't think that Mac understands one word that comes out of my mouth...I mean the funniest thing in the world to him is when I say "poopie" in a high pitched voice...so I seriously doubt that he is really searching for inner peace at this point in his life. He was actually the only baby that didn't cry a little during the class. When we left she told him that he was a "peaceful soul." Again, I smiled and held back a chuckle.

Regardless, I really did enjoy the class and would really like to go once a week...hmmm, now wouldn't that make a nice Mother's Day gift....Eric =)

If anyone is interested in going it's at the Motherhood Center off of West Alabama. You can actually do one class for free (just print the form off the website). Plus they have a bunch of free class/services this month for Mother's Day! (www.motherhoodcenter.com)

No comments: