Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day...

And a happy day it was! I had such a great Mother's Day...Eric and Mac got me a gift card for Mommy and Me Yoga and some beautiful orchids and hydrangeas. And of course Mac got me the cutest card ever!

But the big event of the day was Mac's baptism. It went so well! We waited until we actually got to the pastor's office to change him into his little white outfit because I just knew he would spit up or something if we did it at the house. He looked ADORABLE! Those little white knee socks just put it over the top.


He was very "chatty" once we got into the sanctuary and when the pastor took him up on the stage he immediately arched his back and thew his head back. I thought he was about to scream, but he was just very interested in the big lights =). Our pastor always shows the baby to the choir, but Mac was way to interested in seeing those lights so he just dipped him backwards for everyone to see. When he turned him around to see the congregation Mac's eyes just popped wide open. Everyone made the "awww" sound...he was so precious!

We were able to get a wonderful group picture after the ceremony. We are missing 6 people in this picture, but you can see how loved this little boy is! We ended up having over 20 people come to see him baptized. Thank you all so much!



After church we all headed back to the Bethea casa for some burgers and hot dogs. Mac of course was the hit of the party...I'm so glad that he's so good at getting passed around from person to person. He got some cute presents for his baptism too. Our friends Karen and David got him the softest blanket...i wish they made them for adults! My grandad made him a little baby cake for the occasion...obviously he couldn't eat it, but I put a little icing on his nose anyway =). My friend Beth made these little "baptism" candies that are so good! And my sister (aka BB) got him the ultimate gift...his first baby bottle of Heinz Ketchup (if you know my family you know that ketchup goes on EVERYTHING!). You gotta start'em young!



Yesterday was a great day. We even took Mac on a walk last night in the Baby Bjorn. I don't think that he ever woke up to find out he was on a walk, but still....

And the topper to all of this...Mac has slept 9 hours the past 2 nights! I am sure I will regret posting that because the last time I posted about his great sleeping habits it came back to get me!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments: