Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rice Football

I have 3 partially written blog posts that I have started and not quite finished. Hopefully this one will actually be completed!

Eric and I took Mac to his first football game tonight at Rice. Since Rice is not known for it's football it worked out quite well. Mac had plenty of space to move around in all those empty seats. Mac's buddy Caleb even got to come with us. I was a little bit surprised that the boys seemed to pay attention to the game. They were at least looking in the direction of the field. Mac even made some new friends at the game. There was a group of 10 or 11 year old boys that were all on the same football team that sat on the steps right next to our seats. I had Mac sitting on my lap and told him to say touchdown so he raised his hands in the air and yelled "Ta-done." The next thing I know there were 6 boys asking me to make him do it again. Then I had him say good game and give me a high-five. I was surprised that boys that age would be impressed by a 19 month old, but it was very cute.





And yes, Mac is almost 20 months now, but I have to post this:

Mac, at 19 months:

-You weigh 27 lbs
-You have never watched Elmo, but you love to show us where Elmo is on your pjs
-You scream car every time you see one
-You like to point at the moon and say "moooooooooon"
-You like to show me "tees" (trees)
-You scream "beep beep" when we get in the car until I honk the horn (I'm sure our neighbors appreciate it!)
-You love to jump off of everything
-You have to tell Heisman "Love you", give him a hug, and give him a kiss before we can leave the house
-You still fight bed time
-You can say some of your ABCs
-You cry if Daddy won't smell your stinky feet (we don't get it either)
-You like to yell "Stinky!" when I change your diaper
-You have learned how to take your diaper off, and you think it is hilarious
-You only swing one arm when you run (daddy says it's because you are pretending to run with a football in it)
-You eat with your left hand
-You draw with your right hand
-You love to call Daddy on the phone
-You know the colors red and blue, sometimes
-Your favorite toy is your little red car
-You are still a dancing fool
-You say "Yo" all the time so that we will turn on your favorite show
-You say "Brobie" every time you see him on Yo Gabba Gabba
-You love "Biz's Beat Of The Day" (more Yo Gabba Gabba)
-Your favorite book is Dr. Seuss's ABC's
-You like to smack your lips when you give kisses
-You give the sweetest, tightest hugs
-You like to show Heisman where his eyes are (he wishes you would stop)
-You love to be outside
-You are still the greatest gift that your Daddy and I have ever received!





No comments: