Thursday, September 9, 2010

Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?

Well, I can tell of one guy who is. I can honestly say that a good majority of my life with Eric has been related to and/or scheduled around football season. First off, we met our freshman year at A&M during football season. At that time, I really thought that a first down was the first time the ball hit the ground, but after hanging out with Eric for about, oh, 5 minutes, I realized I had found the greatest teacher in terms of the game. So my first semester at college, I spent pretty much every weekend going to, watching, or hearing about Aggie football. To be completely honest, I could have cared less, but it meant I got to sit (actually stand) next to a really cute guy for 3 whole hours! I thought that once the season was over I wouldn't hear about it until the next fall...boy was I wrong. There are bowl games, then comes recruiting, spring practice, spring game, and before you know it...it's football season again.

Then, the July after Eric graduated (he took the 4 year plan, I hung around for 5), we got engaged! I was so excited. Of course I immediatly began thinking about our wedding, but before I could utter the words "Fall Wedding" I heard Eric say, we can do it whenever you want, as long as it doesn't interfere with football season." I soon learned that "football season" included the previously mentioned practices/recruiting times as well. So where did that leave me for a wedding you may ask? That gave me the choice between May (the month I was graduating from college), June, and July. I was told August was cutting it too close.

Then it was time to have a baby. I remember how exciting it was when we found out that we were going to be parents. Then about a week later, Eric came up to me with such an happy smile on his face and told me that our child's birth wouldn't interfere with football season! At that moment I really thought about faking contractions right in the middle of the A&M vs. t.u. game.

And here is an ongoing discussion that I have with Eric...why people get married during football season. My dear sweet husband cannot even begin to fathom why anyone would dare get married during such a sacred time. I have heard him moan and grumble about every single fall wedding we have attended. And yes, if you are reading this and got married during the fall, my husband was not very happy with you on that day =).

All this to say, football season for Eric, is like Christmas to a kid. This past weekend was even more special because he got to get Mac involved in some good old fashioned Aggie tailgating. So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Eric!








No comments: