Wednesday, September 29, 2010

3 Strikes....

Dear Colorado:

Growing up, I used to enjoy family summer vacations with you. I felt that we were great friends. However, I would like to bring up my last two visits. When I came to see you in January about 4 years ago, you made me fall down a mountain. I discovered that your snow is not fluffy like a cloud, but rather hard, cold and wet. This was not a lesson that I enjoyed learning. Strike 1. But I decided to be the bigger person. I gave you another chance and came back one August. You did not welcome me with open arms. Instead you decided it would be funny to play a joke on me and have a blizzard come through when all I brought were summer clothes. I was not amused. Strike 2. The point of this letter is to let you know that I will be coming to visit this evening. I will be staying for about a week and I will be using the rule of 3 strikes and you're out. While I do understand that it will be cool while I am there, I would appreciate it if you would abstain from hurling any form of frozen liquid from the sky. If you cannot comply with my request I am afraid I will have to end our friendship...

See you soon,

Alana

No comments: